Dirk Zabel wrote:
Israel Lins Albuquerque schrieb:
Well, I make this... I'm create another local variable, with same type of global, and gets the value of global, in this new variable, or, create a pointer of type of global and gets this address...

Israel Lins Albuquerque
Polibras Software Brasil Ltda.
Palm Developer

*/Dirk Zabel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>/* escreveu:

    James Campbell schrieb:
     > I'm using PODS and the emulator to debug at source level (managed
    68k C)
     > and everything works great except I'm unable to view any of my
    global
     > variables. On the variable window, I click on the "Add Global
> Variables" icon and a dialog opens up to select them, but nothing is
     > displayed. My local variables are displayed automatically without
    any
     > problems. Anyone have any ideas?

    That's exactly what I am experiencing. No ideas so far (but urgent
    needed)
    Cheers
    Dirk

-- For information on using the PalmSource Developer Forums, or to
    unsubscribe, please see http://www.palmos.com/dev/support/forums/

Fale com seus amigos de graça com o novo Yahoo! Messenger
http://br.messenger.yahoo.com/

Well, in the meantime I found the following in "Palm OS Developer Suite Readme.htm" und "Debugging - General": There is a known issue with viewing global variables in the Variables view that affects 68K debugging and Protein device debugging. During debugging, if the user right clicks in the Variables view and selects "Add Global Variables" from the menu, the list of global variables will be empty. The workaround is to add the global variable in the "Expressions view" by right clicking in the view and selecting "Add Watch Expression" and then explicitly typing out the variable

Great :-|
But even the workaround does work only partially for me. I can see a variable which is declared non-local but static, but I cannot see a global one. BTW there are so many additional "issues" that I am not sure if I should use PODS anyway. Maybe prc-tools alone would be less pain. I am used to "raw" gdb from other software projects, so this might be better.

Cheers
  Dirk

Thanks for the information guys. I tried the "Expressions View" but experienced the same problems. Even though PODS debugging is so much nicer, I conceded to using the Palm OS Debugger. One quirk I have with it though is that sometimes when I'm done debugging and kill the process it closes out the debugger and other times it doesn't. Not sure which is the normal behavior or what might be causing the problem. Other than that I guess it is adequate, especially considering it is free. :P

James