On 1/14/07, Dmitry Grinberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
it is identified in the DLLs that come with the debug simulator :-)
those dlls are quite useful to see how the os works

ok, going back to my original statement:

calling FrmSetDIAPolicyAttr() via PACE on a Tungsten|T3 with the DIA
compatibility prc's installed gives the unit a FATAL EXCEPTION

strange, works fine for me.

i was documenting in the forum that calling FrmSetDIAPolicyAttr via
the recommended PACE interface callback mechanism FAILS. you
mentioned it works for you; however, your not using the standard
mechanism - your using alternative methods (which, may be better)

point is; the method your using isn't documented :)

the following:

---
UInt8 params[] =
{
  (((UInt32)(formP) >> 24) & 0xff),
  (((UInt32)(formP) >> 16) & 0xff),
  (((UInt32)(formP) >> 8) & 0xff),
  ( (UInt32)(formP) & 0xff),

  (((UInt16)(diaPolicy) >> 8) & 0xff),
  ( (UInt16)(diaPolicy) & 0xff),
};

((EmulStateType *)g -> PACE._emu) -> regD[2] = 14;
result = (Err)((Call68KFuncType *)g -> PACE._68k)
((void *)g -> PACE._emu,
 (0xA470 & (0x00000FFF)), &params, sizeof(params) | (0));
---

with:

---
  // we may need these if we have to use PACE for something
  g -> PACE._68k = (void *)call68K;
  g -> PACE._emu = (void *)emustate;
---

initialized from the PNO entry point

this is the recommended way to call the specific FrmSetDIAPolicyAttr
68k API from ARM (as per the PceNativeCall documentation). this
is broken on a T3 with the DIA compatibilty prc's installed

while you may have a working solution using another undocumented
API - my original email was to point out the recommended method
was busted (maybe a bug on T3 directly)

--
// Aaron Ardiri