Alan Ingleby wrote:

> I can't see an API which will allow me to detect the
> usable state of a control. I know I can go directly
> to the ControlAttrType structure on only versions of
> the OS, but what about a correct way?

The reason why there's probably no CtlGetUsable is because CtlSetUsable is
generally not very useful.  Visible-but-disabled controls are discouraged since
there's usually no visual distinction, and instead you usually hide and show
controls with FrmHideObject and FrmShowObject. (Besides, CtlSetUsable is useful
only for Controls, not for Fields, Gadgets, or other types of objects you might
have on a Form.) To retrieve a Form object's visibility, there's
FrmGlueGetObjectUsable.

- James