Hi,

rebuilding my all system with the following command takes ages :

$ cave resolve --resume-file /var/tmp/cave-resume-XXXXXX installed-packages -e -x --continue-on-failure always

I have 1250 installed packages.
Each time an archive integrity is checked, the resume file is written.

[...]

Checking 'acct-6.5.4.tar.gz'... ok

Done fetch for sys-process/acct-6.5.4-r2:0::gentoo

Writing resume information to /var/tmp/cave-resume-1...

[...]

My resume file is about 50 MB ; writing the resume file takes 30 seconds each time.
(1250 * 30) / 3600 = 10 hours just to check file integrity !
Is it really needed to rewrite the resume file after each integrity check ?
Is everything written to the resume file really meaningful resume information ?

The paludis client is many times faster here.

Moreover If I CTRL-C, the resume file gets corrupted.
Isn't there a signal handler catching this signal and waiting for the resume-file being completely written before exiting gracefully ?

NB: The reason why I want to do a CTRL-C here is that the installation is stuck at etqw-data waiting for my action to input a data dvd, but it fails to find it. So I want to modify the resume file by hand to remove etqw-data. Do you see any better way to handle this kind of situation ?

--
Rodolphe Rocca