On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 13:56:21 -0500
"Tom" <t...@giftssoft.com> wrote:
> While on the topic of "install" vs. "resolve", is there any advantage
> to "cave uninstall spec" over "cave resolve !spec"?  According to the
> cave-uninstall manpage, they are identical.

Unlike the 'resolve' case, I really do think that 'uninstall' being the
same as resolving a block isn't in the least bit obvious. It certainly
wasn't clear when we were designing the resolver that we'd be able to
get it to work that way...

Also, 'uninstall' does some sanity checking on the inputs. If you try
to uninstall something that isn't installed, you'll get an error,
whereas for blocks it'll do one of a number of different things
depending upon whether the spec matches anything.

--
Ciaran McCreesh