Hi,

We recently discovered a strange problem with PAR. When the following script ("demo.pl")

    #!/usr/bin/perl
    print join(" ",@ARGV),"\n";

is packaged as an executable by saying

pp -o demo demo.pl

the resulting executable appears to lose command-line arguments under certain circumstances.
In particular,

demo -v

prints nothing unless I have LANG=C set in my environment (LANG_ALL and LC_CTYPE are undefined).
In fact, any single single-character option is similarly swallowed. The problem doesn't seem to occur when there are multiple arguments or a single multicharacter option.

I'm observing this on a Linux system (RH 7.3) using Perl 5.8.1 and PAR 0.76, both built fairly recently using gcc 2.96 and glibc 2.2.5.

We were hoping to be able to use PAR to distribute a large perl script that uses a binary module we've written (which has been a portability nightmare!) but this strange @ARGV problem would be a showstopper. Please let me know if there are any details I could provide that would help.

Thanks,

Tom Pollard