Re attributes.pm

I think it might be best to add attributes.pm by default as an implicitly
required module.

You don't necessarily have to 'use threads::shared' anywhere in your script
just because you do

my $val : shared;

so the answer isn't really adding code that relies on 'threads::shared';

My vote would be for adding attributes.pm to the implicitly required list.

Regards

Mark