On Feb 16, 2008 2:20 AM, Kang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I tried to reinstall PAR::Packer 0.977 from scratch again.
>
> The followings are test message during installation.
> C:\strawberry\perl\bin\perl.exe encode_append.pl static.exe
> ..\blib\lib\PAR\StrippedPARL\Static.pm
>  Output file '..\blib\lib\PAR\StrippedPARL\Static.pm' does not have an empty
> __DATA__ section. Not ap
> pending encoded data from 'static.exe'. This is NOT a fatal error! at
> encode_append.pl line 26.

This is a known bug in PAR::Packer's build process (already fixed in SVN):
it refuses to overwrite certain stuff from a previous build.
Please repeat the build by hand:

- cd to C:\strawberry\cpan\build\PAR-Packer-0.977-XXXXX
- do "dmake clean" to blow away all old stuff (esp. make sure blib has
been removed)
- perl Makefile.PL
- dmake
- dmake test

If the last command fails, please post the output from "perl
makefile.PL" onward.

Cheers, Roderich