On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 02:15:51PM +0200, Roderich Schupp wrote:
> Do the Gtk2 modules use some non-standard procedure
> to dynamically load their shared glue libraries
> that foils PAR's intercept?

No, standard.  I think the way PAR packs .so files is OK.  But in
win32, the .dll files can't change names.  I learned about this
business here:

http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.par/2006/09/msg2506.html

It is my understanding that any module that loads the dlls from
another package will fail in some way because of the hash
renaming.  This new POSIX problem leads me to believe it happens
under simpler circumstances as well.

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 11:14:29AM +0200, Steffen Mueller wrote:
> > I was able to get PAR to work with Gtk2-perl by extracting all
> > the packed modules into a non-renamed lib dir and then filtering
> > PAR's @INC subs out of the stack.
>
> What a gruesome thing to do :/

Yes it really is.  I wrote a module to do it for me, but I'm not
necessarily proud of it.

http://voltar.org/grm/#gtk2-perl-PAR

I'm excited by your openness to changing the way the unpacker
works.  I assumed there was some really important reason for
doing it -- like collisions or something.

My kludge unpacker makes a separate directory for each par in the
executable.  I imagined that would resolve conflicts.

Eh.

-Paul

--
If riding in an airplane is flying, then riding in a boat is swimming.
85 jumps, 36.0 minutes of freefall, 69.1 freefall miles.