On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 8:07 PM, Veera, Bharath Kumar
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've built the perl binary with pp on HP UX 11.23 & while running the same on
> another test machine, the build fails with the following error:
>
> I strongly agree with the first solution as the binary should ideally not
> depend on the things
> present on the target system.

Indeed, this is how it's supposed to work. There are many possible
causes why it doesn't.

One possible cause was already mentioned by Bob (environment variable
PERL5LIB set on
target system).
Or could be your script or packed modules that manipulate the module
search path (@INC),
either implicitly like "use lib ...;" or explicitly like "push @INC, ...;".

Did you use the latest and greatest version of pp, i.e. PAR::Packer?

Could you try the following experiment:
- run
      pp -o showinc -e 'print "INC = @INC\n"'
  on the build system
- and then run
     ./showinc
  on the target system
The correct output should only show directory names starting with
/tmp/par-XXXX/SOMEHASHDIGEST and CODE(...) references.

Cheers, Roderich