Thu Sep 24 22:00:39 2009: Request 18472 was acted upon.
Transaction: Correspondence added by TJC
       Queue: PAR-Packer
     Subject: "parl foo.par script.pl ..." uses a cache area that doesn't
depend on foo.par
   Broken in: 0.975, 0.982, 0.991
    Severity: Normal
       Owner: SMUELLER
  Requestors: rsch...@cpan.org
 Ticket <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=18472 >

On Thu Sep 24 09:34:23 2009, RSCHUPP wrote:
> On Thu Sep 24 03:28:03 2009, TJC wrote:
> ...for starters, it breaks the test suite (and I think that can't
> be fixed). Sorry, if a solution would be that easy, we would have
> put it in a long time ago. I think that any solution should
> not meddle with the C code, but rather be implemented in par.pl.
> But par.pl also suffers from doing dual duty: being called
> from parl proper as well as from each pp-archive (second stage
> of bootstrapping).

Which bit of the test suite fails for you?

I have it passing here with my patch.. Although it was notable that I
had to do a "make realclean" and also remove the old system libraries first:
/usr/share/perl5/PAR/StrippedPARL/Dynamic.pm
/usr/share/perl5/PAR/StrippedPARL/Static.pm

I agree the code isn't great, but it is a major bug that's been around
for three and a half years, and it breaks parl badly. Any fix is better
than no fix.

If you let me know what is failing for you, I can try and resolve that.