On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 10:41 AM, Erez David <int...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 09:51:59 AM: libwx_baseu_net-2.8.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or directory
> 09:51:59 AM: libwx_gtk2u_adv-2.8.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or directory
> Does anyone knows what can be the cause for this error?

Well, the most interesting part of the error message are the wx librarries
that are NOT listed, e.g. libwx_baseu-2.8.so.0, libwx_gtk2u_core-2.8.so.0.
If these were missing, too, you wouldn't even see the popup window with
the error message. To determine where they went AWOL try the following steps:

(1) Check the packed executable with (it's actually a zip archive)

$ unzip -l ./installer

for the missing libs. If they NOT listed, stop.

(2) Run the packed executable once on the machine where it fails and
look at the files below its cache directory, something like

/tmp/par-USER/SHA1CHECKSUM

If you're not sure that you're looking at the right cache directory:
the SHA1CHECKSUM is the first line printed by

$ strings -a ./install | tail -3

If you DON'T find the missing libs there, stop.

(3) Run the packed executable under strace on the machine where it fails:

$ strace -o strace.log -f -v ./installer

and try to figure out why the libs can't be found. After successful extraction
(you'll see open(".../missing_lib.so", O_RDWR ...)) look for failing system
calls that mention missing_lib.so.

We'll dig deeper, once we know how far you got with the above steps :)

Cheers, Roderich