Sat Jan 09 22:41:10 2010: Request 53555 was acted upon.
Transaction: Correspondence added by sisyph...@optusnet.com.au
       Queue: PAR
     Subject: Re: [rt.cpan.org #53555] The procedure entry point
Perl_croak_xs_usage could not be located in the dynamic link library
perl510.dll
   Broken in: (no value)
    Severity: (no value)
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: patrick.bour...@noos.fr
 Ticket <URL: http://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=53555 >

----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick BOURDON via RT" <bug-...@rt.cpan.org>
To: <par@perl.org>; <jesse+...@bestpractical.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2010 9:04 AM
Subject: [rt.cpan.org #53555] The procedure entry point Perl_croak_xs_usage
could not be located in the dynamic link library perl510.dll

> - Perl: ActivePerl-5.10.0.1006

This is somewhat confusing. Actually, it's plain wrong - as build 1006 is
perl-5.10.1, not 5.10.0.
Perhaps you've installed build 1006 over the top of build 1005 and the
upgrade hasn't worked properly ? If so, you could try deleting your perl
installation entirely and then re-installing build 1006.

> Trying to produce an executable file.
>
> Error: "The procedure entry point Perl_croak_xs_usage could not be located
> in the dynamic link library perl510.dll."
>
> Som others already face the same problem, bud I did not found a workaround
> on the web: http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=798652

If your perl installation is in proper working order (which appears to be
*not* the case with your perl), and if you installed PAR using ppm, then the
problem will most likely be as stated in
http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=798793 .
One solution would to be build PAR yourself from source (for which you'll
need a compiler), or to find a ppm package for PAR that was built using the
same version of perl as you have.

Cheers,
Rob