Do you use 'system' to start the command line?
How about something like this instead

       Win32::Process::Create($ProcessObj,
                              $ExeName,
                              $Args,
                              0,
                              NORMAL_PRIORITY_CLASS,
                              ".")

Nele Kosog wrote:
Hi,
I have compiled an executable using the following command:
"pp -x --gui  -o my_program.exe my_program.pl"

While --gui blocks the console window for the main application, it does
not seem to prevent other console windows from opening.

my_program.pl uses two command line tools to calculate something. When I
run the pp'ed executable, the my_program.exe opens a new console window
for each call to one of the command line tools.
Are there means to prevent this? I have searched for this option, but
only find the --gui switch description.

Thank you  for your help!
Regards,
Nele