On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 4:54 AM, Chia-liang Kao <cl...@clkao.org> wrote:

> This is because Check.dll is refered by name on win32, and this
> is probably the case of all modules exporting c-symbols for other
> xs modules.

... a practise which I consider abuse. Fortunately it seems to
only have spread to a few areas for now (binding Gtk/Gnome stuff and
some B::* modules).

> Steffen suggested working out the location of such
> dll and use "-apath/to/check.pl;shared/check.dll" to bundle the
> dll with original name, of course, before name collision start
> happening.
>
> We can actually detect such modules if name spaces like
> B::Hooks::OP::Check::Install::Files exist (assuming they are
> using the standard convention with ExtUtils::Depends), then grab
> the dll of such modules.

Why don't we get rid of the whole name mangling scheme and extract everything
with its "original" pathname as given in the zip? This would eliminate
a lot of (often duplicated) code. Even the ugly dynaloader hack could go
or am I missing something here?

Cheers, Roderich