Hi,

What's your output from perl -V and  otool -L path/to/bin/perl

On 13/03/2011 12:46, Philip Kime wrote:
Greetings,
   I have to package an application for OSX 10.5 32-bit on a 64-bit OSX 10.6
box. I am using macports for all of the software and have set this to use only
the 10.5 SDK and 32-bit compilation which all works fine. This works as
macports sets some compile flags to point to the 10.5 SDK for all compiles.
perl is compiled like this and so all perl modules get the same flags and every
piece of the stuff to package is 10.5 compliant. However, when I come to pack
with pp, it doesn't seem to use the flags which perl was compiled with to
create the binary and so the executable dies on 10.5 with the famous:

dyld: unknown required load command 0x80000022
        Trace/BPT trap

which is a known problem trying to run 10.6 compiled binaries on 10.5. This
should work however if you compile for 32-bit only and also force the 10.5 SDK,
which is what I have done. pp doesn't seem to understand this though and the
resulting binary fails on 10.5. Since I'm not sure how pp prepares its binary,
I am wondering if I can add flags to the compiler step or something similar to
force it to use the 10.5 SDK so that the 10.6-specific features which cause
this problem can be avoided?

PK

--
Dr Philip Kime