Thu Apr 14 07:13:02 2011: Request 67380 was acted upon.
Transaction: Correspondence added by RSCHUPP
       Queue: PAR-Packer
     Subject: Problems with install PAR::Packer 1.009 on Strawberry Perl 5.12.2
on WinXP.
   Broken in: (no value)
    Severity: (no value)
       Owner: RSCHUPP
  Requestors: nijdam...@gmail.com
 Ticket <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=67380 >

On 2011-04-13 16:47:40, nijdam...@gmail.com wrote:
> Thanks for all your support, after all it wasn't the PAR::Packer 1.009
> at all

No problem, I have seen the error message in your original report
a few times before, but was never able to get to the bottom of it.
Now I can at least people into the right direction and others
may find the "solution" when searching rt.cpan.org or the mailing list.

Closing this bug now.

> The makers / builders / maintainers of strawberry
> distributions
> should make changes to their distributions, because the installer lets
> you
> choose where to install strawberry, but it only works (without any
> changes)
> on drive C: !

If you find the time you might want to file a bug with Strawberry.
Bugs are tracked right here on rt.cpan.org in queue
Perl-Dist-Strawberry.

Cheers, Roderich