On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 8:18 AM, Philip Kime <philk...@kime.org.uk> wrote:
> This seems to make some Module::ScanDeps tests fail as they expect a
> dynamic Cwd (they look for Cwd$dlext).  It seems to work when force
> installed but I'm a bit concerned about what happens when M::SD is
> used by PAR::Packer to pack something which uses Cwd in such a case?

Don't worry, the failing test just checks that dynamic modules (i.e. having a
DLL in addition to the Perl file) are correctly detected. It uses a module
that is known to be dynamic and lives in the core for every Perl
version supported
(i.e. >= 5.6.1). Cwd was a good candidate until now :)

There might be another problem, though : if Cwd is built static, then the custom
Perl interpreter used by PAR::Packer (par.exe) must link it in. You may want
to check the link command that produces par.exe (I have only mail access
for the next few days).

Cheers, Roderich