Wed Dec 28 09:57:49 2011: Request 73491 was acted upon.
Transaction: Correspondence added by gyp...@gmail.com
       Queue: PAR-Packer
     Subject: cache directory naming problem
   Broken in: 1.012
    Severity: (no value)
       Owner: RSCHUPP
  Requestors: gyp...@gmail.com
 Ticket <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=73491 >

On Wed Dec 28 06:49:51 2011, RSCHUPP wrote:

> > Would you please check it? I think that it would be good idea to
use "%-
> > encoding" for all non-latin characters, so that the username in the
> > screenshot would be changed into "par-%ba%ce%be%fb%c0%cc". ('%' may
be
> > removed)
>
> Yeah, but what is a "non-latin" character if we don't consider
> the charset? I think we shouldn't make any assumption about it
> and simply encode _all_ bytes unconditionally in username
> as two hex bytes. The only thing we loose is easy recognizability
> of which cache directory belongs to which user.

Hmm. When I was saying "non-latin", I was just considering "qr/[^A-Za-
z]/" :-) I know about just the basic concept of 'encoding'
or 'charset', not detail. So I'd like to agree with whatever you think
about how to manage username.

> Could you please try the two attached patches (the first is for PAR,
> the second for PAR::Packer)?

Your patch took effect in my environment that was same as my previous
report. (same machine, same version of Perl, same username)

I attached a screenshot. As it shows, app.exe runs well and I could see
a cache folder "par-bacebefbc0cc" was created. :-D

Thanks for your rapid reply and patch.

Sincerely,

Geunyoung Park

<<inline: packer2.png>>