Thu Jan 26 05:11:12 2012: Request 74302 was acted upon.
Transaction: Correspondence added by RSCHUPP
       Queue: PAR-Packer
     Subject: Win32 executable additional information (--info) not updated
   Broken in: 1.012
    Severity: Normal
       Owner: RSCHUPP
  Requestors: tuch...@t-online.de
 Ticket <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=74302 >

cc'ing Mark Dootson on this, because I think the problem is in
Win32::Exe (or how we generate the prototypical packed executable,
i.e. PAR-Packer/myldr/boot.exe)

On 2012-01-26 00:48:44, gronsdorfer wrote:
> I installed the head of the trunk (all tests passed),

Yeah, turns out there's no test for "pp --info ..." :(

> but when I tried to package my script, I got the following error:
>
> The application has failed to start because its side-by-side
> configuration is incorrect.

I did some experiments using Win32::Exe's exe_update:

 exe_update --info ProductVersion=44.1 packed.exe

seems to work (can see 44.1 in Windows Explorer, packed.exe runs fine),

  exe_update --info ProductName="inglorious basterds" packed.exe

seems to corrupt the executable (Explorer doesn't even show
a "Version" tab, executing packed.exe results in "can't execute" error).
If I try this with some random executable, it works as expected.
Note: My experiments were done on (32-bit) XP.

Cheers, Roderich