On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 14:59, RAPPAZ Francois <francois.rap...@unifr.ch> wrote:
> In this thread
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-perl-list/2005-April/msg00206.html

Maybe it worked in 2005 with the versions of Gtk2 etc back then
(perhaps because they didn't have references from one glue DLL to
another back then).
AFAIK PAR::Packer's way to extract and load glue DLLs with mangled names
hasn't changed in ages.

> which is par's intention. The thing I am not able to do is include the
> gtk+-libraries into this par/exe, so they need to be installed on the
> "target" machine.

That's not a problem anymore, use the --link option of pp.
Of course, it's your job to come up with the complete list of DLLs needed :)
I would simply add any DLL in the bin directory of the gtk+-bundle.

> So this mean I could package the perl stuff with pp, and run the archive on
> another machine providing that I have installed Gtk before ?

With "perl stuff" do you mean: "the script and modules I have written"?
And "providing that I have installed Gtk before" means "I have done a complete
installation of Gtk libraries + Gtk Perl bindings on the target machine"?
Sure.

Cheers, Roderich