Hi Roderich  Thanks a million . This  worked .   The time it takes to create
the executable and action it , has also improved , with this change  .
  One more thing the line involved  in the make file reads as mentioned below .
Instead of CC there is an LD. Nevertheless it worked , and I am happy about it
.
$boot_exe: boot$o       \$(LD) boot$o \$(STATIC_LDFLAGS) -static-libgcc $res
$out$boot_exe_link $mt_cmd
Regardsc.kannan