Fri Feb 14 03:39:00 2014: Request 93008 was acted upon.
Transaction: Correspondence added by RSCHUPP
       Queue: PAR-Packer
     Subject: install failure with ubuntu / puppet
   Broken in: (no value)
    Severity: (no value)
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: andrew.penneba...@gmail.com
 Ticket <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=93008 >

On 2014-02-13 22:30:00, mcandre wrote:
> I prefer to install packages through CPAN, and I don't want to make an
> exception just for PAR::Packer.

PAR::Packer is kinda special, it's build process is highly unusual (as perl
modules go).
For starters, on a perl installation that is supplied by a Linux distro, it
requires the "perl devel" package which on Debian/Ubuntu systems is called
libperl-dev.

> The Puppet trace looks like:
>
> $ vagrant up
> Notify [Installing App::Ack] success
> Notify [Installing PAR::Packer] success
> more success
> all success

That is useless. I bet that puppet writes a detailed log of its actions
somewhere (maybe you have to enable some debug option).

Cheers, Roderich