Fri Nov 07 03:49:21 2014: Request 100090 was acted upon.
Transaction: Correspondence added by RSCHUPP
       Queue: PAR-Packer
     Subject: PAR-Packer-1.023 Execution failure in CentOS 6.2x64
   Broken in: (no value)
    Severity: (no value)
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: e...@pacbell.net
 Ticket <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=100090 >

On 2014-11-06 12:28:21, e...@pacbell.net wrote:
> At some point, you should try to be a little more helpful. You can see
> there
> is a problem with ScanDeps without running make test.

No, YOU are not helpful here. You should NOT install Perl modules
without running "make test". Also you're generally on your own if "make test"
fails
and you install the modules nonetheless. Your're welcome to submit a bug report
in this case, though.

> PAR-Packer-1.023 seems to only work with a specific version range
> (which isn't documented anywhere that I could find).

Nonsense, PAR::Packer states (Makefile.PL)

  requires    'Module::ScanDeps'   => '1.17';

If you did the whole "download and unpack tarball, perl Makefile.PL, make, make
test, make install" dance by hand, then running "perl Makefile.PL" would have
shown that you are missing dependencies. If you did ignore that, then
at least "make test" would have failed.

BTW, I heavily recommend to use a program like "cpan" (comes with Perl core) or
"cpanm" to install Perl modules. Both would have inferred the above dependency
of PAR::Packer and installed Modules::ScanDeps BEFORE working on PAR::Packer.

Cheers, Roderich