Wed Mar 11 10:28:51 2015: Request 102690 was acted upon.
Transaction: Correspondence added by dzagas...@gmail.com
       Queue: PAR-Packer
     Subject: Re: [rt.cpan.org #102690] Error with packing Check.xs.dll
   Broken in: (no value)
    Severity: (no value)
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: z...@cpan.org
 Ticket <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=102690 >

On 11.03.2015 16:08, Roderich Schupp via RT wrote:

> Am 2015-03-11 09:17:58, ZDM schrieb:
>> Can't load 'D:\tmp\par-7a646d\cache-1426079581\b61437bc.xs.dll' for
>> module multidimensional: load_file:The specified module could not be
>> found at d:/devel/p
>> erl/perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 193.
>>  at d:/devel/perl/perl/site/lib/PAR/Heavy.pm line 120.
>> Compilation failed in require at script/1.pl line 5.
>> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at script/1.pl line 5.
>>
>> b61437bc.xs.dll is the alias for auto/B/Hooks/OP/Check/Check.xs.dll
> How did you determine this?
>
>> But in PAR this is completely different file, than original. I don't
>> know why, maybe you compress dlls or do something else, but this
>> didn't work with this dll.
> The only thing PAR::Packer does with DLLs (and most other files):
> - it stores them into a zip file (using Archive::Zip)
> - at runtime it extracts them under the mangled name, actually it uses
>   the zip's crc32 checksum of the file as the mangled basename
>
> Extract auto/B/Hooks/OP/Check/Check.xs.dll from your exe manually,
> unzip 1.exe
>
> and compare with the above cache file. If there different, it's
> an Archive::Zip problem. If there identical, my guess is that it's
> Check.xs.dll compiled for a different Perl version (do you have
> several Perl versions installed on your machine?). BTW, have you
> checked that 1.pl works in unpacked form?

I have only single perl version installed.

auto/B/Hooks/OP/Check/Check.xs.dll in PAR and in perl are identical.

Additionally to error in console I get windows system error message:
"The program can't start because Check.xs.dll is missing from your
computer."

Also, if I manually copy Check.xs.dll to the directory with 1.exe - all
works.

1.pl works without errors.