From: roderich.sch...@gmail.com [mailto:roderich.sch...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of
Roderich Schupp
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2015 2:15 PM
To: Markus Jansen
Cc: Shawn Laffan; par@perl.org
Subject: Re: PAR + tmpwatch = mess

On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 1:38 PM, Markus Jansen
<markus.jan...@ericsson.com<mailto:markus.jan...@ericsson.com>> wrote:
I would not recommend the canary mode as a default, unless we have found that
it is reasonable to do so.

Why not? If a user is still invoking the packed executable once in a while, the
canary avoids the situation that he has an incomplete cache area.
If they don't invoke the packed executable anymore, the cache area will be
cleaned up eventually by tmpwatch or whatever, no harm done.
Sorry to pick on this: pp has too many options already.

Cheers, Roderich