On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 9:35 PM, Kime Philip <philk...@kime.org.uk> wrote:

> Checked all that. It seems what is happening is that the bundle is failing
> to find the packed libxml2, which seems to be in:
>
> <cachedir>/inc/shlib/darwin-thread-multi-2level/opt/local/lib

That looks wrong, in the packed executable when viewed as a zip, it should
be in

shlib/darwin-thread-multi-2level

when extracted it should be in

<cachedir>/inc/shlib/darwin-thread-multi-2level/

and also a copy directly in <cachedir>.

What is you exact --link option for packing libxml2?
And what is the output of:

otool -D /opt/local/lib/libxml2.2.dylib

> If I use install_name_tool to set a non-absolute path for libxml2.2.dylib
> in this bundle, it makes no difference and gives the same error. So, it
> seems to be that the packed LibXML.bundle can’t find the packed library?

Most likely because libxml2 isn't in <cachedir> (which should be included
in the *DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH *the packed executable is running under). And
this is probably caused by the strange location in the zip.

Cheers, Roderich