http://www.streathamguardian.co.uk/news/localnews/display.var.648404.0.owner_of_\
haunted_nightclub_even_i_dont_go_inside_alone.php

Owner of haunted nightclub: ‘Even I don’t go inside
aloneÂ’

While Hallowe'en is only an annual event for the rest
of us, Caesar's night-club in Streatham has the spooks
every day of the year. Furthermore, it is a famous
face that darkens its corridors.

That face is Ruth Ellis, the last woman to be executed
in the UK, hanged at Holloway Prison for the murder of
her boyfriend in July 1955. And during 1946 she was a
hostess at Caesar's, then called The Locarno, now
owned by Fred Batt, 56, who has experienced Ruth's
spirit first-hand.

"I've heard a scream and so have members of staff.
It's very loud and high-pitched, I shivered the first
time I heard it. There's also a room where old cameras
have been left from years ago, and a help me' has been
recorded there. And up on the balcony area it can go
absolutely ice-cold; it really makes your hair stand
on end." There has even been a sighting of Ruth
walking through straight through a locked and chained
fire door. And the spirit has created no-go areas in
the building, with staff refusing to go into some
parts. Fred admits: "Even I won't go into the club by
myself."

Ghost-hunting TV programme Most Haunted paid Caesar's
a visit in 2003, during which spirit medium Derek
Acorah picked up Ruth's presence in a dark corner
where it has been known to walk. Acorah also claimed
to detect the ghost of gangster Reggie Kray and hear
him say: "The Richardsons would go ballistic if they
knew I was here," referring to the family who ran'
South London when The Krays ruled the East-End.

Acorah also picked up a murdered woman, which may
explain some of the noises previously attributed to
Ruth, and a small girl who had died through a head
injury (Caesar's had had a crche from its opening in
1929 until about the 40s).

The most unnerving moment came in the dressing rooms.
Fred had unbricked it to find it well preserved but
creepily "like going back in time". The crew heard
thudding and scraping from above, which is completely
inaccessible. Acorah believed it was the sound of a
woman being killed and dragged along a metal walkway.
However, the medium blankly refused to reveal which
two famous people he then detected "practising black
arts".

And Fred's connection with Ruth does not end at
Caesar's. His 11th Century Surrey manor house is
believed to be riddled with characters from the past,
including Ruth. Fred discovered images of a cavalier
"who looked like Guy Fawkes", a nun and a monk on
photographs he had taken of his rooms, standing two
feet above the ground on a missing floor.

It was this that first prompted him to call Most
Haunted, who visited the house prior to any knowledge
of his involvement with Caesar's and he insists Acorah
was completely unaware of his connection to Ruth.
Still, during contact with her spirit in the house,
Acorah claimed to hear the words, "Tell Bertie I
forgive him for cricking my neck." The name of Ruth's
hangman? Albert Pierpoint.

Only at this point did Fred mention Caesar's and its
eerie visitors and a follow-up filming was arranged
for the night-club. Acorah believed the only
explanation for the dual-haunting is that Ruth follows
Fred home from work due to fascination'. Upon further
investigation Fred found she had run her own
night-club in the West End and mixed with people like
him. So with all his unscheduled meetings with Ruth
and hard evidence of spirits lurking in his Surrey
home, is Fred a believer or does he remain a sceptic?

He only says: "I keep an open mind."

4:07pm today

Nephilim's Paranormal Investigations - http://paranorm.cjb.net

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs