In your .cxx file add #include "vtkDICOMImageReaderVector.h" and the other classes that are just forward declared in the header file.

Mike Jackson                  mike.jack...@bluequartz.net

On Mar 9, 2009, at 2:17 PM, Biao She wrote:

Hi everyone. This might be a silly question, but I am really confused.
I am writing a class inherites from vtkDICOMImageReader. In the header file of vtkDICOMImageReader class, there are some forward declaration of these classes: vtkDICOMImageReaderVector, DICOMParser and DICOMAppHelper. The definition of these classes are included in the .cxx file. Normally, I should be able to use the methods in those classes in my class. However, I found that whenever I want to use something like "this->Parser->ClearAllDICOMTagCallbacks()" in my class. The compiler gives me back an error says that "invalid use of undefined type 'structure DICOMParser". In the above, "Parser" is an instance of DICOMParser. The same situation also happen to DICOMAppHelper and vtkDICOMImageReaderVector.
Thanks very much for any of your help.

Biao