Burlen

You can have an arbitrary number of meshes in the nedCDF file - but only one is exported (by default).

Part of the work I was doing recently was to add SIL support to the reader so that the GUI panel would display it all, and allow the user to select multiple meshes for export. The reader by default generates multiblock - but only the first block (biggest rather, decided by size) is actually exported. Once I've finished with it, each selected variable would be exported as a separate grid. The core code should handle 1-5 dimensions (considering a vector field stored as a separate dimension, which between you and me is annoying).

The reader got messy because I was trying to support different conventions, so it's very hard to follow what's doing what. the ability to support associated variables for dimensions and stuff really messed it up, and different conventions use different systems for the grid variables etc.
Some data use time as a separate dimension, other multiple files etc etc....

JB

Hi Guys,

By the way I just tried to load her data using the new VisIt database bridge and it worked! Does the CSCS plugin you guys have been talking about support multiple meshes in the same file? Just curious, cause I had to write a custom panel in PV to get that stuff working.

Burlen

John Biddiscombe wrote:
Martha (+put back on paraview list for reference and google)

My Bad. One of the changes I made to the netCDF code was to handle series of files (one file per process, or one per timestep) using another class in vtkCSCSCommon
Best thing is check out all of it from here...
https://svn.cscs.ch/vtkContrib/trunk/vtkCSCS/
and use the cmakelists in the root pv3-plugins folder.
you need CSCSCommomn and netCDF enabled.

Fix the netCDF reader and send me the patches please :)

JB

Katie,

I was able to check out vtkNetCDF from the SVN server; I had tried
before using the web site's instructions,
but it wouldn't work, I suppose because of our firewall; however the
"https" in the URL that Mr. Biddiscome gave us did make a difference.

However, when I attempted to build ParaView 3.4 with that vtkNetCDF
module, I got an error once again, this
time when for vtkNetCDFReader.cxx; what is missing is
FileSeriesFinder.h.

I cannot find that include file anywhere, in ParaView3.4, ParaView3.3,
etc, so I don't know if it was inadvertently left out of the vtkNetCDF
distribution or what.

Martha