Can't believe I never tried this before - I'm trying to use PV to render to a
tiled display with 2 nodes driving 2 screens each in TwinView mode, and
oriented one above the other.  Initially, all is well - the target screens show
the grey background with the axes centered and the screens are filled.  Just
what you'd expect.  Then, as soon as I put some geometry into the display (such
as the Sphere source) smaller windows appear on the tile displays, one showing
the top half of the correct image and the other the bottom, but clipped to the
bounding box of the data.  Like the results of the first pass of a binary swap
compositing -  data from both processes shows up in each.   When these windows
appear, the rest of the tile displays revert to the original desktop
background.  If I add --use-offscreen-rendering to the pvservers the two
smaller windows still appear, but are black.

So - how do I get rid of those windows?   And is there a way to suppress
rendering to the PV client?

Thanks,
Greg

Gregory D. Abram
Texas Advanced Computing Center
JJ Pickle Research Campus - ROC 1.101 (R8700)
10100 Burnet Road
Austin, Texas 78758-4497

g...@tacc.utexas.edu
(512) 471-8196