I am implementing a native NetCDF4/HDF5 reader that will read a timeseries of
grids, with each grid stored in a different nc4 file.   I am constructing the
timeseries by doing a recursive search through a directory tree for a glob
pattern with start and end dates.   I would like to enable the user to enter a
set of parameters through the client interface, setting the search root
directory, search depth, glob pattern, and start & end dates.  I had hoped to
be able to put fields for entering these parameters in the properties panel of
the object inspector for the dataset.   However, the timeseries file search
needs to be executed during the GetInformation call, which happens before the
properties panel becomes accessible.  The reader is currently working
correctly, but there is no way to configure the file search from the client-
the default values of the search parameters (set in the server plugin xml) are
always used.   Do you have any suggestions for handling this situation?