I would change that a bit. The ability to use Latex is not the main
issue here. Rather, it is the ability to use symbols and other unicode
characters as well as (possibly) the ability to typeset equations.
Whether this is entered as Latex or MathML or something else is more
of an implementation detail, isn't it?

-berk