There is no real scene graph, per se.  For each view, ParaView has a
representation object, implemented as a subclass of vtkSMRepresentationProxy,
for each pipeline object that manages how that data is drawn in the view.  One
of the parameters is always whether the object is visible (drawn or not).

I suppose you could think of this as a special type of scene graph that is a 1
level deep hierarchy, but that is besides the point.  There is no connection
between objects or explicit traversal.  No object should affect the rendering
or placement of any other object.

-Ken