Hi David,
I have to expose a lot of native VTK filters that are not in ParaView. I
never had to use a CMakeLists and a _GUI XML. In my mind, your input
properties should be totally described in your ICP. xml file. For example on
how to write proxy property elements, you should take a look at
Paraview3/Servers/ServerManagers/Resources/filtering.xml. It was sufficient
for me for many VTK filters, before I bought for the Paraview book.

steps:
   - write your xml description of the wanted VTK filter
   - run ParaView
   - Tools -> Manage Plugin/Extension
   - "Load New"
   - choose "Files of type" -> *.xml
   - pick your file -> OK

Then your filter should appear in the filters list.

Hope that helps
Jerome

(Attached is an example of how I expose vtkImageMathematic to Paraview.)

2009/10/24 David Doria <daviddo...@gmail.com>

> I am trying to make a plugin interface for
> vtkIterativeClosestPointTransform. I tried following what examples I
> could find, but I am getting a bunch of "Error parsing XML." Can
> someone take a look at these? All I've tried to do so far is set the
> Source and Target vtkDataSet inputs. Can anyone see where I have gone
> wrong?
>
> http://www.rpi.edu/~doriad/Paraview_List/ICP/<http://www.rpi.edu/%7Edoriad/Paraview_List/ICP/>
>
> If we can get this basic framework working I'm sure I can figure out
> how to add the other properties/options etc.
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

<ServerManagerConfiguration>
   <ProxyGroup name="filters">
      <!-- ================================================================== -->
      <SourceProxy name="ImageMathematics" class="vtkImageMathematics" label="Image Math">
         <Documentation
                       long_help="Provides some image operations, one or two inputs."
                       short_help="vtkImageMathematics filter.">
         </Documentation>
         <InputProperty
                       name="Input1"
                       command="SetInputConnection"
                       port_index="0">
            <ProxyGroupDomain name="groups">
               <Group name="sources"/>
               <Group name="filters"/>
            </ProxyGroupDomain>
            <DataTypeDomain name="input_type">
               <DataType value="vtkImageData"/>
            </DataTypeDomain>
            <Documentation>
               Set the input to the Image Mathematics filter.
            </Documentation>
         </InputProperty>
         <InputProperty
                       name="Input2"
                       command="SetInputConnection"
                       port_index="1"
                       is_optional="1">
            <ProxyGroupDomain name="groups">
               <Group name="sources"/>
               <Group name="filters"/>
            </ProxyGroupDomain>
            <DataTypeDomain name="input_type">
               <DataType value="vtkImageData"/>
            </DataTypeDomain>
            <Documentation>
               Set the input to the Image Mathematics filter.
            </Documentation>
         </InputProperty>

         <IntVectorProperty
                           name="Operation"
                           command="SetOperation"
                           number_of_elements="1"
                           default_values="0">

            <EnumerationDomain name="enum">
               <Entry value="0" text="Add"/>
               <Entry value="1" text="Substract"/>
               <Entry value="2" text="Multiply"/>
               <Entry value="3" text="Divide"/>
               <Entry value="4" text="Invert"/>
               <Entry value="5" text="Sin"/>
               <Entry value="6" text="Cos"/>
               <Entry value="7" text="Exp"/>
               <Entry value="8" text="Log"/>
               <Entry value="9" text="Abs"/>
               <Entry value="10" text="Sqr"/>
               <Entry value="11" text="Sqrt"/>
               <Entry value="12" text="Min"/>
               <Entry value="13" text="Max"/>
               <Entry value="14" text="Atan"/>
               <Entry value="15" text="Atan2"/>
               <Entry value="16" text="Multiply by k"/>
               <Entry value="17" text="Add c"/>
               <Entry value="18" text="Conjugate"/>
               <Entry value="19" text="Complex multiply"/>
               <Entry value="20" text="Replace by k"/>
            </EnumerationDomain>
         </IntVectorProperty>

         <DoubleVectorProperty