Yes, that is the case. There are 200 lines , each a single cell , and the pvtp reader splits them up fairly evenly amongst processes to begin with. D3 is moving stuff around but it doesn't noticeably change the result.

Moreland, Kenneth wrote:
Looking at the mesa-artifacts-decomp.png image, it appears that you have many tubes that are coincident (or at least close to coincident). There might be z-buffer resolution problems. What happens if you run the geometry through D3?

-Ken