Eric,

It's that and also the fact the the the complexity if the dialog
increases since then it needs to observer removal of source, track
active view, track active view changes. What I was playing with is
trying to enable only interaction with the view and nothing else,
which would overcome these issues -- but I didn't have much success
with that, hence decided to commit a pure modal dialog for now. I am
going to give that another try soon.

Utkarsh