Hey Massimiliano,

Since unstructured grids are so unstructured, you could combine both geometries
together as part of the same unstructured grid, but then it's not as easy to
manipulate them or color them separately later.

What you might want to do is to Group your two unstructured grids into a
multi-block data set and save it as a .vtm file. Then, at any point where you
want to deal with one of the grids separately from the other, you can use
Extract Block to pull them apart.

If you already have your two .vtu files and all you're concerned about is being
able to load them simultaneously, then you could also refer to them both within
a single .pvd file and they would load as a multi-block data set:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<VTKFile type="Collection" version="0.1" byte_order="LittleEndian">
  <Collection>
    <DataSet group="" part="0" file="elements.vtu"/>
    <DataSet group="" part="1" file="quadraticTetra01.vtu"/>
  </Collection>
</VTKFile>

Talk to you later,
-Eric