As far as I know you will have to write your own ServerManager .xml file that adds the existing vtkTIFFReader in such a way that it will read a complete stack of images instead of just the first one. The vtkTIFFReader is definitely able to read volumes, so there will be a way to have a Paraview-Plugin that does, too. You can have a look here to get started:

http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/Plugin_HowTo

If you are succesful please let me know, because I could use that tif-volume-reading too but I didn't have the time to get into this.

Best regards,
Christian

Paul McIntosh wrote:
Hi,

This is hopefully a silly question...

Is is possible to point ParaView to a tiff directory and volume render a
contained image stack?
I have a directory with images named vol2-0001...vol2-0882.tiff. When I open
the directory ParaView "seems" to want to load them all by the wildcard name
"vol2-..tif" and once loaded it gives me the option to switch to "Volume".
However the Object Inspector is only showing vol2-0001.tiff and I am only
seeing one slice.

I have viewing working via ImageJ (i.e. converting the images to a raw
stack) however as the data sets get bigger the ImageJ conversion becomes a
painfull step. It seem logical to me that ParaView should be able to do it
but I can't work it out (I'm on the 3.8 RC).

Cheers,

Paul
---
www.internetscooter.com