Hi!

Today, I made a very interesting experience. I wanted to have the vtkImageClip functionality available in Paraview and performed the same steps as always to get a Paraview-Plugin out of a VTK Filter. I compiled the plugin, called it ImageClip and copied it over to my Paraview Plugin directory. Then I started Paraview. When browsing through my custom "Extensions" Filters-entry, I found that there is no ImageClip but a Crop! And this crop provided me with a nice GUI, letting me change the output size with spinbuttons and already providing the maximum x/y/z extents! Wow! It was like if Paraview said "Ah, I know that vtk Filter and I happen to know which parameters it likes and how to preset its values. You surely won't mind if I ignore your ServerManager xml and do all by myself, do you?"

How comes? And the most interesting part is: how can I make the ServerManager xml define default values that are actually variables (such as the image extents)? And why does Paraview handle vtkImageClip differently?

Best regards,
Christian