The XDMF in 3.6 did not have the global id attribute so it did the
unsafe thing and let filters have their way with them. It kept the
array around, but in most cases the values in the array at the end of
the pipeline were worthless.

Not that XDMF does have global ids, the clip filter (like most of the
other filters) is doing the safe thing and not keeping the globalids.

Off the top of my head, I can not think of a reason really why the
clip filter shouldn't be allowed to copy the globalids across though.

Erik, try this and see if it works for you:

in vtkTableBasedClipDataSet, look for the three places where it calls
CopyAllocate.
For example:
   outPD->CopyAllocate(inPD, nOutPts);

Insert a line before each one of those that tells VTK that it is OK
top copy this array across.
In that case:
   outPD->SetCopyGlobalIds(1,vtkDataSetAttributes::COPYTUPLE);

The globalIDS will then make it through this filter.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
28 Corporate Drive