In  ParaViewSource/Servers/ServerManager/Resources/filters.xml ,
there's a proxy named "ProbeLine" under the "filters" group. (You can
directly refer to the ProbeLine filter under the "internal_filters"
group, just to make it easier to understand). That's the XML for the
"Plot Over Line" filter. You want to model your XML on that. You don't
need to directly deal with pqLineWidget. The trick is the following
property:

 <InputProperty
        name="Source"
        command="SetInputConnection"
        label="Probe Type">
           <ProxyGroupDomain name="groups">
             <Group name="sources"/>
           </ProxyGroupDomain>
           <ProxyListDomain name="proxy_list">
             <Proxy group="extended_sources" name="HighResLineSource" />
           </ProxyListDomain>
           <Documentation>
             This property specifies the dataset whose geometry will
be used in determining positions to probe.
           </Documentation>
    </InputProperty>

This refers to "HighResLineSource". Now if you open utilities.xml at
the same location, you'll find the xml for HighResLineSource that has
some XML in <Hints/> section that defines that the line widget is to
be used.

Utkarsh