That is uncharted territory. I've been meaning to try it, but haven't
gotten to that yet. Perhaps Huy Vo or Claudio Silva (cc'd) from the
University Of Utah will let us know if they have tried their new
executive under ParaView.

To start down that path, begin by changing vtkSMSourceProxy's
constructor to make that the default executive instead of the
composite executive. It should be upwards compatible with composite
data pipeline. If that much works, you will then have to enable
multithreading view the new executive to try to get some speedup out
of the thread level parallelism.

Enabling the push pipeline features of the executive will probably be
much more work because ParaView wasn't designed with that in mind.

Let us know how it goes!

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer