It doesn't look like it has anything to do with enabling/disabling
Icet, although why would you want to do that? IceT is what ParaView
uses for parallel rendering, without which parallel rendering won't
work. Besides, IceT is enabled only when you are compiling with MPI.

As far as cmd.exe issue goes, this may help:
http://www.interact-sw.co.uk/iangblog/2005/09/12/cmdspawnerror

Utkarsh