Besides if he has a 64 bit Qt and tries to compile a 32 bit paraview then the compile will fail at the link stage. So that fact that he can actually start the paraview process indicates that he has matching compiles of Qt and ParaView.

What was the original error? Can you simply start paraview in a debugger and see where it aborts? That is the quickest way to tell what is going on.
Mike Jackson                      www.bluequartz.net
Principal Software Engineer       mike.jack...@bluequartz.net
BlueQuartz Software               Dayton, Ohio