I have two somewhat related questions:

1. Is it possible to calculate a gradient vector using the calculator
filter?

2. Is it possible to define a new data array using a Python script without
the calculator filter? Currently, I am using several Calculator Filters to
calculate CFD flow variables from the conservative variables. I use a
Python script to create the Calculator Filters, but I'm wondering if I can
avoid the Calculator Filter and directly generate new data arrays for
plotting.

David Parker