The Histogram filter requires a vtkDataSet on its input. vtkTable is
not one since Tables have no inherent shape in a 3D space.

The Table To Points and Table To Structured Grid filters convert
vtkTables to vtkDataSets, but in either case you need to tell the
filter which columns from the table it can use for the x,y and z
coordinates of the vtkDataSet. A hackish way to do the conversion then
is to add a column of dummy data to the file and then make a 1D
vtkDataSet out of it.

Feel free though to add a request for something more direct on user
voice and we will consider adding it to upcoming ParaView releases.

thanks,

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer