Oops, I should have re-titled this email.

What I meant to say, is the images in the previous email are showing one of the issues I have been seeing with the data set. I recently pulled and rebuilt ParaView from source and things are better:
a) It is not crashing with this data set;  yay!
b) Not displaying those crazy bounds - though sometimes it loads and does not show anything; c) And I think I saw on the git log that Utkarsh fixed a crashing bug when a xdmf temporal collection had no time step specified (so thanks Utkarsh! and whoever else fixed bugs :-)

Jon