Hello,
I'm using ParaView to visualize data from CFD-runs, more specifically direct
numerical simulations data and we use the VTK binary rectilinear grid
format. I run into problem when I have larger values in POINT_DATA than
 2^31. The error message that I get is:

ERROR: In
/home/raber/Paraview_src/ParaView-3.8.1-RC1/VTK/IO/vtkRectilinearGridReader.cxx,
line 293
vtkRectilinearGridReader (0xeef2e70): Cannot read point data!

It is evident of course that integers are defined as int32 and my question
is if it is straightforward to compile with long integers instead or if this
could cause any other problems within ParaView.

Best regards,

Mattias