Hi,

I am seeing some pretty astounding memory usage when using the LIC. My dataset is 100MB image 2D image data. When I load it and display using a slice rep. I use about 800MB of RAM, but when I turn on LIC rep. memory usage goes up to 18GB!! What's worse is that as I advance through the time series with each new step the memory usage grows by 4GB or more, until I run out of RAM. I put the output from one run below, memory usage is reported in KB.

Does anyone know why LIC rep. requires such a massive amount of RAM? I didn't see any outright large leaks, so it must be part of this rep. design? And can anything be done to prevent the growth in its usage over time?

Listen on port: 11111
Waiting for client...
Waiting for server...
Client connected.
[0] vtkSQBOVReader::SetFileName 0.024441
[0] vtkSQBOVReader::RequestData 0.571345
1 775272 <------------------ memory use w/ surface rep.
1 775272
1 776856
1 776856
1 779336
1 18480044 <------------------ memory use w/ LIC rep.
[0] vtkSQBOVReader::RequestData 3.05736
1 18792084
[0] vtkSQBOVReader::RequestData 3.1486
1 19603868
[0] vtkSQBOVReader::SetFileName 2.09808e-05
Client connection closed.

Burlen